Critical Care & Acute Care Surgery Medical Students
SICU Rotation Course Information: SURG 7502
There is one pager available for use by the medical student rotating on the SICU. This can be checked out in Dr. Beilman's office: 11-115 PWB.
First Day of Rotation in SICU:
Meet in the Radiology Viewing Room at 8:00 a.m.
Rounds begin 8:30 - 9:00 a.m.
Days of call are 1-3 days/week (24 hour in-house).
Medical Student Talks:
During your SICU rotation you will be asked to give one talk at our SICU/SID Conference held every Tuesday from 12:00 p.m.-1:00 p.m. in UMMC Conf Rm 4-457. Contact Dr. Beilman's office at 612-625-7911 for the date of your scheduled talk. Listed below are some guidelines to assist you.
- Discuss with one of the ICU Attendings before picking a topic.
- Pick a topic that is not too broad.
- Focus your presentation.
- Plan on 25 minutes for the presentation with 5 minutes for questions.
- You may use overheads or a computer presentation format.
- Organize your talk.
- Practice giving your talk.
- Do not run over time!